Friday, July 08, 2005

summer vacation

School's out and the kids are home. We're home from our camping trip and today's the first day of staying at home. It might be more fun if I had any groceries but even without, we're having a good time.

This morning was spent unpacking (still) from the long weekend. The laundry is endless and so is the sand. The mosquito bites are all healing and lucky for us none of us got poison ivy.

I played cards with my kids. I hope this can ease the parental guilt for another couple of days.

My youngest is here beside me asking me how to spell words and then what the letters look like. He's four and has lost his handy dandy alphabet sheet. The other two are playing k'nex in the living room. No one is fighting, no one is crying. For now. I'm still getting interrupted every ~2 mins which makes studying difficult. I've switched to blogging for a bit of a break and so I have something to show for my day.

I just finished the list of everything I have to do by Monday. I can't believe I've done it to myself again. I've easily got 40+ hours of work on here. Again it will come down to prioritizing and doing half-jobs on several of these tasks, producing less than my best quality work on several of them. That's got to be the hardest part of over-tasking.

There's a shelf I'd like to hang - and oh yeah, the tents are all set up in my backyard. Hmm. Stuff like that - and the rotten boards on the back porch - are just "always there" types of jobs. They don't make it to the list because there's just no way they'll ever get done, even though they'd make life so much easier. I'm not looking forward to going through the porch, nor is it easy to navigate the tent maze. The shelf would mean I could get the books off the floor - /sigh/

Maybe I'll forget about the school work and focus on housework.

There's no easy answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home