Saturday, May 21, 2005

I wanna dance

E3 had tons of different dance games this past week. I got to try ddr extreme 2 with the hands and feet, Into the Groove, and DDR Mario, but I got the most out of playing versus mode on Ultramix 3 with some super dude. Just compare these screens. His side is on the right.



He claimed to be all out of shape since he took up smoking but he was zooming along to 'Butterfly' on Heavy. I did alright but only on Light.

I talked to him afterwards about my struggle to complete Standard level. I can finish some of the songs on DDR extreme but certainly nowhere near all of them. He says it becomes more important to listen to the music rather than focusing on the visual arrows and to keep time with the beat. He also says it takes a Lot of practice. He's been playing for 8 years. Considering I only started at xmas 2004 and I don't even have time to play on a weekly basis I suppose that's reasonable, but i want perfection! now!

I wonder if there's anyone out there who gives ddr lessons.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good times :-) I think you meant to say his side is on the right though?

May 25, 2005 8:18 AM  
Blogger Marigold said...

Yeah, I suppose. I changed it but there's always that 'right' vs. 'stage right' perspective thing to figure out. :p

May 25, 2005 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home