Wednesday, August 03, 2005

pacing

I find myself increasingly unable to sit still. I *must* get more exercise. Lately, when I'm writing or marking papers I write a line or two and then must get up from my chair and pace the floor, around the table, peek out the window, putz and then I can sit again for another five minutes. It's taking me a lot longer than it should to write a paper I think. I've tried disciplining myself and forcing myself to sit in the chair for half an hour and then giving myself a 10 minute or so break - but it doesn't really seem to work. I cannot write until I'm ready - sitting in the chair doesn't make a difference.

I need a vacation.

My skin is peeling off with stress (aka eczema). It hasn't been bad like this is years and years. I forgot how painful it is. Luckily I'm heading to Toronto, and to Thompson's Homeopathic Pharmacy (I'd link to them but they don't seem to have a website) - the only place that makes my beloved calendula cream - the only thing that soothes my burning skin -ahh so comforting just to see the cardboard box. Though I'll keep hoping that maybe when these classes are done next week I'll experience a miraculous cure and my skin will be all better.

I need a vacation - did I mention that?

guess I'd better get back to the paper of the night . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our kids have the occasional bout of eczema too. Couldn't you have ordered it online at the turnerdrugs link you mentioned? It looks like Turner is based out of London, maybe you could go there (2.5 hours instead of 4)?

August 05, 2005 10:13 AM  
Blogger Marigold said...

Yes, I realized that too and figured someone would point that out to me. Thanks. ;) But you see, it's more complicated that that. (secret details, can't get into it).

Plus I'm going to be in TO anyway and it exciting to go to the place where they make it. It's a genuine apothecary in there. Want me to get you a tube? I could take a photo for you to give you the atmosphere.

What are you doing to your kids to give them eczema at such a young age? - though X had it around that age too iirc.

August 05, 2005 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's called "washing them with soap when they don't need it and drying their skin out", but maybe it's somethig more, I'm really not sure. Anyway, thanks for the other but I'll pass on the alchemy but I'll look at the photo...;)

August 05, 2005 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home