Thursday, March 10, 2005

meet up turned philosophical

I'm thinking of starting a windsor photography meetup group. I really should. I have time every other weekend I guess - I want to learn more...

The more I get out and take pictures the sooner I will feel confident with the new camera. Look at that - I can't even say "my" camera. I went back and typed over it.

It's snowing again and I just discovered this excel sheet I agreed to edit is nothing more than an exotic table. There is nothing excel about it. drat. It looks like I may be starting the Entire Project over from zero.

I want spring.

I also want to be done school and doing something productive with my life.

I know that this time is precious and will never come again - kind of like the newborn period in a lot of ways. At this moment in time I am relatively financially secure (debt aside): I know I can buy groceries next week if i need them, I know I can have heat and hot water (and I need them with all this snow everywhere). I have the luxury of organizing my schedule around classes and the needs of my children/jobs with relative flexibility. I can pursue different interests which may or may not lead to future cash flow - I am, in a manner of speaking, well-padded at the moment.

I really need to focus myself in the upcoming months and try and figure out what and where it is I want to be when this is all done. With the true possibility of being done school looming not that far off in the future I feel like I should have a better sense of how I will support my family when the scholarships run out.

I like school, but feel like I'm biding time, waiting to grow up. I know the outside world is not a happy rosy place, but I'm really not a kid anymore. I should be doing what grownups do, shouldn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home