Wednesday, March 09, 2005

getting ready for gdc

No one thinks about all the behind the scenes work that goes into preparing for a trip like this. I spent a big part of yesterday designing and printing business cards for Rob and Jeff to give out while they schmooze around. Let me summarize by saying I am going to get a recycle bag in here *today* where scrap paper/old drafts will go immediately upon exiting the printer/when they're no longer the most current version of a document. Jeff's beautiful cards were forgotten under a big stack of proofs.

Today I tried to create and send Rob a file that they can take to California and print out at Kinko's there in the self-serve printing department. It would have been a lot easier if we'd known earlier that they could open a pdf there. Instead of just quickly saving my work as pdf, most of my time was spent trying to use the frustrating Avery template in msWord and copy/recreate the card from scratch. I've discovered it's so much easier to just set up the document to match the blank cards and then print from Adobe Illustrator without messing with trying to paste into a template. It took me awhile to figure out you cannot get rid of the white border in the Avery template. I wish they mentioned that somewhere (well maybe they do tell you that in the instructions, but I doubt it).

So Rob leaves in an hour from Detroit and he's got two pdf's and a doc to take to warm and sunny California. I sure hope they give some of these out...

And I've got 30 cards for Jeff next time I see him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your hard work, it was not in vain. We did manage to get things sorted out at Kinko's as you probably know by now. Yes, I did hand out some cards, though I didn't do as much networking as I should or could have.

March 17, 2005 2:23 PM  
Blogger Chuck Reynolds said...

credit repair business MyOpp is the first portal to activate a complete portfolio of income streams with one click!credit repair business

November 08, 2005 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home