Wednesday, March 02, 2005

eXtreme vacation

Enough with the marking papers. They're all drivel. :-/

I decided to treat myself to a nice cardio workout of DDR Extreme. Masquerading as a gift for the kiddies last xmas the game is really mine all mine. The truth is, it was love at first sight for me and ddr last May at E3.

Today I discovered "mission mode" is unlocked! In single player mode there is a block of squares five by five with 25 missions to complete, but only a few can be unlocked at a time. After you successfully complete a mission the block is replaced by a piece of a puzzle. When they're all filled in it looks like it will be a picture of (drumroll....) people dancing! The more you missions you complete, the more choices you get of which one to unlock next. If you fail too many times, you lose choices. I managed to do about 20 of them (I really needed a treat).

The only clue you get before you unlock the mission is the difficulty level, starting at Light and going up to Heavy. Some of the missions are pretty basic: clear the song before your dance guage runs out, clear with a certain number of perfects, get 20 perfects in a row, don't get 3 boos or almosts or goods in a row. Some of them are a little trickier. I wasn't able to figure out how to not step on 2 arrows simultaneously but still maintain enough life in the dance gauge to keep the game going. The one where the arrows started floating *down* the screen instead of up was wild! And I really got a kick out of the mission where the arrows disappeared half way up. On most of these you only play for a clip of the song rather than the whole thing. Once you've completed the mission, the game continues. Another bonus is that if you fail it appears that you can keep trying for an unlimited number of times. Lucky for me. ;)

I still think ddrExtreme is a hoot. It definitely beats marking those dreadful assignments. I want to say I had some fun on my spring break. I guess now I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home